1. Nuclear power plants were the initial targets for 9/11 attack. Al-Qaeda later decided not to pursue it for fear that things could get out of control.
2. Actor James Woods reported noticing four suspicious men behaving strangely one week before the incident. The flight attendant and the authorities were said to have shrugged off the matter.
3. Betty Ann Ong, a flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, made a telephone call to the operators to report the hijacking. She managed to speak for over eight minutes and give the seat numbers of the hijackers.
4. Ben Sliney made the call to ground 4000 planes on 9/11. It was his first day as chief of air-traffic control at FAA’s command center.
5. $100 million worth of art was destroyed in 9/11 attacks, including the works of Pablo Picasso and Auguste Rodin.
6. The pilot episode of the Lone Gunmen was about a conspiracy of the US government to hijack an airline and fly it into the World Trade Center to start a profit making war. It aired March 4, 2001.
7. Ahmad Shah Massoud, an Afghan political and military leader, warned of the imminent large-scale attacks on the US in his speech while addressing the European Parliament in Brussels in April 2001. He was assassinated in a suicide attack on September 9, 2001.