1. There is a LOTR themed restaurant in Manila called “The Hobbit House” staffed entirely by little people
2. Sinatra’s ‘My Way’ has been banned in some Manila karaoke bars as out of tune renditions have caused up to six different murders
3. While attending a forum in Manila in 1996, Bill Clinton had his motorcade rerouted in order to avoid crossing a bridge that had been rigged with explosives, a plot masterminded by Osama Bin Laden.
4. While Claire Danes was promoting her film “Brokedown Palace”, she remarked that the city of Manila was a “ghastly and weird city” that “smelled of cockroaches, with rats all over”. As a result, she has been banned by the Philippines government from ever re-entering the country.
5. Philippines is building gas pipelines between Batangas & Manila and Bataan & Cavite, and naming them BatMan and BatCave
6. 3 of the 9 largest malls in the world can be found on one street (SM Megamall, SM North EDSA, and Mall of Asia are along EDSA, Metro Manila, Philippines)