If you’re a millennial, chances are you’ve cut the cord on cable TV and rely instead on streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and more. One of the biggest streaming services we have right now is YouTube TV. Many people are now wondering how to install YouTube TV on Fire Stick because of the 2018 issue between Google and Amazon that removed the YouTube FireStick app on the Amazon Store.
But now that the two digital giants have already come to terms, users can enjoy YouTube TV on Fire Stick once again. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to install YouTube TV on Fire Stick.
What is Fire Stick?
The Fire Stick or Fire TV Stick is Amazon’s streaming media player that was released in 2014. It’s a small rectangular device that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV and gives you access to Amazon’s Prime Video library as well as other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and more. The Fire TV Stick 4K is the latest version of the device, which was released in October 2018.
What Is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a live streaming service that allows users to watch live and on-demand TV from more than 80 networks using high speed internet. It’s only available in the US right now and offers a free trial period of seven days. After that, it costs $64.99 per month. It is considered one of the best streaming services as it features a free unlimited DVR cloud and allows up to six individual accounts per household.
If you’re familiar with Sling TV, DISH TV, Hulu + Live TV, and the like, YTTV works similarly to them.
How to Install YouTube TV on Amazon FireStick TV
There are several ways to install YouTube TV on Amazon Fire Stick. But every method is pretty easy and only takes a few minutes. But before doing so, make sure that you have a reliable wireless provider for a seamless YTTV installation, as you’ll need fast WiFi to use Fire Stick.
Via Amazon App Store
Installing YouTube TV on Amazon Fire Stick is usually done via the Amazon app store. However, this app is only accessible to the United States as of writing. But if you’re outside the US, you can simply use a VPN to make it accessible. Here’s how to install YouTube TV via Amazon App Store:
- Open Fire Stick Home and click Find.
- Click on the Search icon and type in YouTube TV.
- Select the YouTube TV app and click it.
- Click the Download or Get button and wait for the download process to finish.
- Click Open after the download finishes.
- Enjoy your YouTube TV app on Fire Stick.
Via Amazon Silk Browser
The Fire Stick usually comes with the Silk browser. If you uninstalled it, just simply reinstall it as you can use it to install YouTube TV on Fire Stick. Here’s how you can install it via the Silk browser.
- Go to Fire Stick Home Screen and click the lens icon (search icon).
- Simply type in Silk Browser.
- Once the results appear, click the Silk Browser on the search results.
- After that, click the Silk Browser icon.
- Select the Download button to begin the download and installation process.
- Open the app and access YouTube TV.
Via APK Method
This approach is slightly different from the former methods we’ve shared as this requires a third-party source apart from the Amazon App store. Here’s how to install YouTube TV on Fire Stick via APK method.
- Open Fire Stick Home and click on the Settings or Wrench icon.
- Choose My Fire TV and go to Developer Options.
- Click the Apps from Unknown Sources and turn on.
- Go back to the homepage and click on the Find menu.
- Select the Search option.
- Simply type in Downloader and click on it on the results.
- Click on the Downloader icon, click Download, and wait for it to finish downloading.
- Select Open to run the app.
- Once it opens, select Allow.
- When a prompt message appears, simply click OK.
- Once you click OK, the home tab will be opened with a text box.
- Type in https://bit.ly/youtube-tv-fire-tv and click GO. The latest version of the APK is 17.37.35.
- The YouTube APK will begin downloading, so you just need to wait.
- Once the download finishes, click Install, then click Done.
- After that, a prompt will appear again. Simply click Delete, then Delete again for confirmation.
- Exit the Downloader app and go to Fire TV Stick Home.
- Click on Your Apps & Channels title.
- Select See All and scroll down until you find the Live YouTube TV App.
- Arrange the apps according to your priority for easier navigation.
- Once you’re done, simply choose the resolution you prefer.
- A prompt will be displayed on the screen. Simply click Allow.
- Click on the Sign-in option and log in with your YouTube account details. You will receive an activation code, so make sure you have your phone, tablet, or laptop near you.
- Once you’re done with the login process, you can now enjoy your YouTube TV on Fire Stick.
How to Use YouTube TV on Fire Stick
Now that you already know how to install YouTube TV on Amazon Fire Stick, let’s go into setting up and using your YouTube app.
- Launch your YouTube TV app.
- Click Sign in if you have an existing YouTube TV account. If not, you can select Try It for Free.
- There will be steps to follow prompted on the screen, and an activation code will appear as well.
- Simply open the browser of your phone, tablet, or laptop and go to https://youtube.com/activate.
- Input the code on your Fire Stick screen and click Next to complete the activation process.
Once you have accomplished these steps, you will be good to go. You can now enjoy your YouTube TV on your Fire Stick with your friends and family any time you want.
You don’t have to miss out on your favorite live TV shows! We hope this simple guide helps you install YouTube TV on Amazon Fire Stick so that you can maximize your live streaming experience. We also want to remind anyone outside the US that even though Amazon Fire Stick is available outside the US, YouTube TV is still only exclusive to the United States, so we recommend using a VPN if you want to give YouTube TV a try.