Roulette games are the second most popular game at Polish online casinos, following online slots. Usually, online casinos offer a wide selection of games, which raises the difficulty for players in choosing one. Check out the following tips on what criteria to consider while selecting a roulette game.
1. Online Roulette vs. Live Roulette
The first thing you should consider before playing a roulette game is its format. All Polish online casinos offer online and live roulette games. Both formats are online and gamblers can play them without leaving their homes, but there are also some differences.
- Gamblers play the online roulette with the system and you can also play the free version called “darmowa ruletka”, while the live roulette is played with a dealer and can only be played for cash.
- The outcome of online roulette games is decided by a certain algorithm that generates random numbers, but in live roulette, the real wheel is the one picking a number.
- To play a live roulette game, you need a faster and more stable internet connection as the game is streamed in real-time.
2. Check the Rules of the Game
Regardless of your experience, you should familiarize yourself with the rules before choosing to play roulette. Usually, Polish online casinos offer a wide variety of roulette games, and it is impossible to know all the rules. You need to know the minimum and maximum bet amount to decide whether the game is suitable for your bankroll or not.
You should also be familiar with the rules of clearing bonuses. Both online and live roulette games offer promotions and bonuses to new and recurring players. In most cases, it’s free money to encourage gamblers to play roulette. So, while choosing a roulette game, don’t forget to check whether it offers bonuses or not.
3. Choose the Roulette Table Type
Before picking a roulette game, Polish players should decide on the type of roulette they want to play. European, French, and American roulette are the three most popular ones.
- European Roulette differs from other types of roulette by the design of the wheel. It comprises 37 pockets consisting of numbers from 0 to 36. But European Roulette has only one “0” pocket on the wheel, colored green. The other 36 pockets are either black or red. Moreover, on the European Roulette wheel, the numbers have different orders. All the low black numbers and high red numbers are located on the right side of the green zero pockets, while the high black numbers and low red ones are on the left side of it.
- The American Roulette wheel has 38 pockets, including an additional “00” green pocket that increases the house advantage to 5.4%. Unlike European Roulette, American Roulette has a 5:1 payout as it allows betting on five numbers.
- The French Roulette is somehow similar to its European counterpart: both have a single “0” pocket on the wheel and similar number order. The only difference is language: French Roulette is in French, while the European one is in English.
4. Decide on a Betting Strategy
If you’re familiar with casino games, you’ll notice most of them (e.g., roulette, poker) have certain playing strategies and tactics. Roulette has many different betting strategies. Let’s discuss the top three of them that Polish punters can choose from.
- The Martingale strategy seems simple, but it’s rather complicated. If you place a bet and it wins, you should keep betting the same amount. But if you lose, next time you should bet double. If you win that one, you’ll also bring back the amount you lost the previous time.
- The Paroli strategy works the opposite of Martingale. According to it, Polish players should double their bets when they win. So, instead of trying to win the lost money back, you try to win more with more money.
- The James Bond strategy applies to the European wheel and works only if your bankroll is big enough, as the players should bet a multiple of $200. The strategy is simple and will work 70% of the time.
5. RNG And Real Roulette Wheel
Before you can start playing at an online casino, you should be well familiar with how wins are generated. All online roulette games have an RNG system also known as a Random Number Generator that decides the outcome of the game. The generator creates random sequences ranging from 0 to 4 billion which are translated into certain wheel numbers. So, no human intervention is possible as the algorithm generates random numbers.
This algorithm doesn’t apply to live roulette games as they have a real wheel and a dealer in charge of the game. The outcome depends on the dealer and the wheel. Each dealer has a signature, and different numbers can win depending on how they spin the wheel. As for the wheel, it should be unbiased and choose random numbers but cases can be different depending on the gambling operator.